Tech leader, recognized worldwide for its unique approach to delivering consumer-focused products, is seeking a Data Scientist. They are in the process of transforming their 50-year-old organization by leveraging technology with an emphasis on digital, mobility, and analytics.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new statistical approaches and data sources
• Build complex predictive models to substantially improve and continuously optimize user engagement
• Reach across multiple functions, such as Product Management and Data Engineering, to implement the models into production and to monitor their performance
• Apply strict sampling, statistical inference, and survey techniques to derive insights from small samples of data.
• Develop rigorous data science models to aggregate inconsistent real-time signals into strong predictors of market trends
• Motivate and mentor other data scientists to grow their skills and careers
• Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in Statistics or a related quantitative discipline.
• 4 + years of experience building and implementing complex models in a fast-paced corporate environment, ideally dealing with problems relevant to behavior change, community, product, and/or marketing.
• Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, time series analysis, and mixed-effect models, and learning techniques such as boosting and random forests
• Expert knowledge of R/Python, and SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling
• Experience with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies, Deep Learning a plus
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Dataflow, Beam, BigQuery, Tensorflow) a plus or AWS
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and really make an impact and get recognized for your accomplishments.
Competitive salary, bonus, great benefits, summer Fridays, and low health premium.